I'm often asked what are some things sales organizations can do to help increase the success of the organization. Here are five thing you can do:
- Build relationships with the right people
- Sell solutions, not features and benefits
- Understand what is valuable to your customers
- Understand what selling options you have
- Develop an effective way to assess opportunities
Look for some additional blog posts in the next few days where I will talk about each of these in more detail.
You need to change the mindset of your sales organization. You are selling ways to significantly improve your customer’s condition not features and benefits of your product. As Einstein said, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”