As a follow-up to my previous post, here are some additional observations from spending a wonderful three days with some of the best consultants in the world:
- Many organizations don’t have the infrastructure to support the ways that their employees are used to using technology away from the workplace.
- There is a difference between having the desire to change, the ability to change and the capability to sustain the change. You need all of these to be successful.
- When you are THE expert, you are good enough to tell people what they need to do.
- People with power don’t need to spend a lot of time talking.
- The greatest asset you have is your talent.
- You can offer more value when you are passionate about what you do.
It’s been a great week in New York City and look for more of these integrated learnings to come.