Customer retention is one of the most important ways to grow your business. Current customers represent the easiest market to target for additional growth because they are already familiar with your company and what you offer, so why not focus on them?
There are seven keys to retaining customers:
- Create a strong bond with the customer as quickly as possible
- Treat the customer like they are your only customer
- Recognize that all customers are not equal
- Proactively communicate with customers, not just when you have something to sell
- Give them the opportunity to be involved
- Be open and transparent in your communications
- Manage expectations
Listen to my podcast to learn more about how to take advantage of the exponential growth of customer retention.