For any initiative that you are embarking upon, here is a simple process to help make you successful:
- Identify the key stakeholders – those most impacted by the initiative.
- Engage those stakeholders and show them the value of the initiative – show them why it’s in their interests to support it. I call this the “What’s in it for me?” principle.
- Develop a plan for implementing the initiative – what tactics are required to make it happen and who will be accountable for success?
- Determine the right metrics for success – what will success looks like?
- Execute on the plan and review the success measures.
As you can see, the formula for implementing a new initiative is not that complicated. Are you using a process that is more complex than it needs to be?