Last night I went to see Bruce Springsteen in concert. He played for over three and a half hours without a break. What an amazing feat. Despite his age, he never seems to tire.
More interestingly though, was the number of people who were seeing Springsteen in concert for the first time. Although he has been playing concerts for more than 30 years, he still attracts new fans and writes new music. Here some of the Boss's keys to success that can apply to your business:
- He stays current and in front of people by continuing to play live shows
- He continues to release new albums and music to try and engage new audiences
- He does things that most others don't do-he plays concerts for over three hours with no intermission. He creates a memorable experience for those in attendance and a buzz for those that weren't
- He is still great at what he does and provides a high level of quality
- He is accessible. Last night he walked around the stage at every opportunity, slapping high fives, sitting down next to fans, talking to the crowd and taking and reading the signs that people made
- He engages his fan base (his customers). He even brought a 10 year-old girl on stage last night to sing with him. He interacts with the crowd and creates an engaging and intimate experience
I bet you never thought you could learn business lessons from Springsteen, but you can.